Bikes we use here in NZ
We have selected high quality bikes to suit the varied terrain we cover – we wouldn’t make you ride anything we wouldn’t use ourselves! For more serious mountain biking and gravel roads we use Avanti Black Thunder 7.1 bikes, with ADT Custom FormTech Alloy Tubeset and SR Suntour 3030 forks with 75mm of travel. On trips where we cover paved roads and gravel, we use the Specialized Roll Elite, an excellent lightweight, cross-terrain touring bike with great flexibility. As many cyclists prefer the familiarity of their own bikes, you’re also welcome to bring your own ride and we will help you assemble it at the start of the trip. It goes without saying that our staff are seasoned bike mechanics, so we’ll deal with any minor issues you may have as we go. Our biking guides are seasoned riders who excel at helping people get the most out of their cycling vacation, looking after anyone from a competitive racer to a casual holiday cyclist, and keeping your bike in tip-top shape.
We have a variety of frame sizes available, and if you have specific requirements please let us know in advance. Of course, we also supply cycle helmets, safety vests, and rear pannier racks. We are perhaps a little more safety oriented than most – we work very hard to ensure all our cycling clients are safe, warm and happy, and you’ll find our safety equipment is second to none. We don’t go overboard – we just do everything within reason to ensure that you go home from your New Zealand cycle trip in better shape than when you arrived!
Specialized Roll Elite ('Weka' trip):
- Frame: Specialized A1 Premium Aluminium, Ground Control Positioning, formed tubes, disc mount, fender/rack mounts.
- Fork: A1 Premium Aluminium, Cr-Mo Steerer, post disc mount, fender/rack mounts
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus, SGS cage
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Tourney, top swing, 31.8mm band clamp
- Shifters: Shimano Altus, EZ Fire Plus, 8-speed
- Brakes: Tektro, mechanical disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- Pedals: Specialized City Platform
- Seat Post: Suspension Plus, 2-bolt clamp, 27.2mm
- Seat: Body Geometry The Cup, 6-degree rise, elastomer base, steel rails, SWAT compatible mounts, 245mm
Avanti Black Thunder 7.1 (Other NZ trips):
- Frame: ADT Custom FormTech 6061 Alloy Tubeset, Forged Dropouts, Replaceable Hanger
- Fork: SR Suntour M3030, Alloy Crown & Lower Legs, 75mm Travel
- Rear Derailer: Shimano TY300
- Front Derailer: Shimano TY500
- Shifters: Shimano EF41 21-Speed
- Brakes: Alloy V
- Pedals: Nylon Platform
- Seat Post: Alloy, 31.6mm
- Seat: Zero Sport
Specialized Rockhopper 27.5" & 29" (Queen Charlotte Track):
- Specialized A1 SL Aluminum, Trail 29 Geometry, fully-butted tube sets, ORE down tube, tapered head tube, forged dropouts, disc mount, replaceable derailleur hanger
- Custom SR Suntour XCR-AIR 29, air spring, S: 80mm travel, M/L/XL: 100mm travel, integrated remote hydraulic lockout w/ rebound adjust, preload adjust, tapered alloy steerer, mag lowers, Hi-Ten 32mm stanchions, disc mount
- Specialized Body Geometry XC Contour, Kraton w/ gel, lock-on, closed end
- Shimano Deore Shadow, 10-speed
- Specialized Stout XC, 2x10, 2 pc., 24mm spindle, 36/22T, anti-corrosion hardware
- Tektro Gemini, hydraulic disc, resin pads, I-spec compatible
New Zealand Biking Adventure - Weka
14 Days |
South Island |
US$5599 + tax
Specifically designed for biking enthusiasts, this 14 day trip explores the very best off-road cycling trails, with a few iconic hikes thrown in for good measure.
Ultimate South Island Adventure - Rimu
14 Days |
South Island |
US$5499 + tax
We'll take you on an unforgettable journey exploring our mountains, coastlines and countryside, on foot, by bike and with a paddle in your hands. Experience our unique culture and wildlife along the way.
Ultimate North Island Adventure - Kauri
11 Days |
North Island |
US$4899 + tax
Take 5 days or 11 days to hike, cycle, cruise, snorkel and kayak with us around the North Island. The ‘Kauri’ combines perfectly with any of our South Island trips.
Essence of the South Island - Tui
8 Days |
South Island |
US$3999 + tax
Short on time? On this adventure you’ll hike, bike, kayak, cruise and jet boat in some extraordinary parts of the South Island. You can combine this with our 5-day 'Kauri' to see both Islands in two weeks.