It’s a real shame that Starbucks was allowed to set up shop in Queenstown. If that isn’t a hint as to the bias of this article, I’ll make it even clearer… If you actually do love Starbucks you should probably stop reading now. Or maybe step outside your comfort zone and keep reading, it might […]
Milford Sound is without a doubt one of New Zealand’s most iconic destinations. When you’re dreaming about your trip, everything’s perfect. You see sunny blue skies, snow capped peaks, perfect photographs and a peaceful elegance… and you blind yourself to the possibility of unpredictable weather. But Milford holds a few secrets that only a local will tell you, secrets that […]
Photo competitions. They’re not necessarily a good thing for an organisation like us to run, because there can only ever be one winner, and we leave hundreds of other people disappointed. But we can’t help ourselves, can we? That’s because it’s just too damn hard to take bad photos on our trips and we’re naturally […]
It probably doesn’t come as a great surprise that around 30% of New Zealand is public land, and a lot of it covered by 18 incredible National Parks. What you may not know, though, is that there are over 950 back country huts throughout the country (accessible to the public). They come in all shapes […]
Active Himalayas was proud and excited to see the season’s first ‘Mustang’ trip head out on August 24. The trek could only be described as challenging, rewarding and inspiring. We caught up with trip leader Dan Thomas, and he gave us a run-down of how everything went! “The trail itself was fine, there were no visible […]
When you’re based in the ‘adventure capital of New Zealand’, you don’t have to look far to appreciate how much excitement sits on our doorstep. Looking around the room right now, I can see hikers, mountain bikers, road cyclists, sea kayakers, white water kayakers, paddle boarders, rock climbers, skiers and snowboarders…. just to name a […]
The man in the two photos is Terry Lasenby. He’s 65 years old, is a builder from a town not far from mine, lives in an ordinary house, drives an ordinary car and generally blends into a crowd without being noticed. And to me, he’s an adventure hero. In the 10 years I have known […]
I remember the weekend very clearly, even though it was nearly 30 years ago – the weekend that changed my life. It was a walk in the mountains. Mildly interesting I hear you say, but we’ve all done that. We have, but how did your first walk in the mountains impact you? First mountain bike […]
- Kiwi Home Cooked Meals
- Guest Review… About another company!
- Travelling solo
- 5 Reasons to Take up Adventure Travel in Your 40’s
- Best Destinations for Adventure Travel
- Miri & Lee hike the Hump Ridge Track
- Why Travel with Active Adventures?
- Ange and Claire from Active HQ join our 5-day ‘Kauri’ trip!
- 2015 Roadshow update – Boulder!
- 2015 Roadshow update – even sunnier SoCal!
- Miri joins our ‘Rimu’ trip for 8 days
- 2015 Roadshow update – sunny NorCal!
- National Geographic Traveler Magazine: 2015 Tours of a Lifetime
- 2015 Roadshow update – keeping it weird in Portland!
- 2015 Roadshow update – we made it to America!
- 2015 Roadshow update – Canada!
- The Lake Hayes Triathlon
- My Amazing Tui Trip Experience With Active Adventures
- 15 Bucket List Activities to do in South America
- The Active team being active!