With the help of our Facebook fans and with some healthy debate here at Active HQ, we’ve come up with our Top 10 Views in New Zealand. Have we hit the nail on the head?
Thank you to our amazing Active Adventures New Zealand guests who have shared these photos with us. The Top 10, in no particular order.
- Gazing at Aoraki/Mount Cook from the working sheep farm, Braemar Station.
- Feel the ground rumble as the Pohutu Geyser erupts - Whakarewarewa, the geothermal centre of New Zealand.
3. Take a Gondola ride high above Queenstown to look over Lake Wakatipu and across to the Remarkables Mountain Range.
View of Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables from the Gondola
4. Milford Sound from any angle!
Kayaking on Milford Sound
5. Take the best day hike in the country (and possibly the world!) over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing and savour the panoramic views at the top.
6. Slip into an outside spa at Lake Ohau Lodge as the sunsets and the emerald Lake Ohau turns pink.
Sunset over Lake Ohau
7. Start the day on a high with an energizing hike up Mount Maunganui for views up and down the Bay of Plenty and across the harbour to Tauranga.
8. Climb to Key Summit on the Routeburn Track and see Fiordland wilderness unravel in every direction.
Key Summit, Routeburn Track
9. Take a stroll up Mt Eden in Auckland, the city of sails and enjoy a flat white on the other side.
View from Mt Eden
10. Follow in Sir Edmund Hillary’s footsteps up the Mueller Ridge in the Aoraki Mount Cook National Park for expansive glacial views.
View on the way up to Mueller Ridge, Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park