15 Bucket List Activities to do in South America
We've been running trips in South America for over a decade now and this has given us plenty of time to come up with the ultimate South America bucket list – made up of adventures in the places we know and love the most; Peru, Patagonia, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. Our South America adventure tours are packed with a raft of physical activities, showcasing a culture that is rich in history and amazing food, with exceptional service interwoven amongst some of the most incredible views on the planet. Seeing the world from your tour bus window is not the way we roll, which is why we've selected 15 of our favourite activities to do in South America. Activities that will allow you to embrace, experience and enjoy all that this amazing continent has to offer You may have previously created your own bucket list, however we're confident to say that you'll be needing a second list after seeing these 15 Bucket List Activities to do in South America!
1. Soak up the sun on Amantani Island, Peru
2. Admire the views of Perito Moreno Glacier, Patagonia
3. Get stuck in traffic in the Galapagos Islands
4. Meet the Peruvian locals
5. Explore the Molodon Caves, in Puerto Natales, Patagonia
6. Scale a waterfall in Ecuador
7. Explore an ancient Inca tunnel
8. Cycle through Andean Villages and La Raya Pass, Peru
9. Hike to the Grey Glacier in Patagonia
10. Boat ride into the Amazon Jungle
11. Sea Kayak around Isabela Bay, Galapagos Islands
12. Explore Machu Picchu, Peru
13. Hike to Sierra Negra Volcano, Isabela Island
14. Hike the multi-day 'W' trek in the Torres del Paine National Park, Patagonia
15. Meet the furry locals on the Lares Trail
Jaguar Ultimate Peru Adventure
10 Days |
Experience the very best of Peru in ten days on a multi-activity adventure you'll never forget. Hike in the footsteps of the Incas, cycle through Andean villages and explore the Amazon jungle.
Condor Patagonia Hiking Adventure
14 Days |
Find out why everyone raves about the W-Trek and take your own enviable photos of Monte Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre as you hike, bike and kayak Patagonia.
Puma Northern Patagonia Explorer
14 Days |
Where there are volcanoes, there's hot springs and this region has no shortage of either! Over 14 days you'll hike a handful of national parks, kayak across fiords and soak up relaxed Patagonian culture.
Tortuga Galapagos Land and Sea Adventure
10 Days |
Galapagos And Ecuador |
Hike, cycle, snorkel and swim the Galapagos Islands. On this 10-day tour we’ll give you a fresh perspective as we land-hop from island to island, soaking in the Galapagos culture and wonderful wildlife.
Iguana Peru and Galapagos Explorer
13 Days |
Why stop at ticking one line on your bucket list? Explore Machu Picchu and other parts of Peru before jumping on a flight to the Galapagos Islands to swim with turtles and hike volcanoes.