We've been running trips in South America for over a decade now and this has given us plenty of time to come up with the ultimate South America bucket list – made up of adventures in the places we know and love the most; Peru, Patagonia, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. Our South America adventure tours are packed with a raft of physical activities, showcasing a culture that is rich in history and amazing food, with exceptional service interwoven amongst some of the most incredible views on the planet.
Seeing the world from your tour bus window is not the way we roll, which is why we've selected 15 of our favorite activities to do in South America. Activities that will allow you to embrace, experience, and enjoy all that this amazing continent has to offer You may have previously created your own bucket list, however we're confident to say that you'll be needing a second list after seeing these 15 Bucket List Activities of things to do in South America!
1. Immerse yourself in ancient history in Peru
Roam the magnificent Sacsayhuamān Fortress in Peru on our Machu Picchu & Amazon Adventure.
2. Admire the views of Perito Moreno Glacier, Patagonia
Perito Moreno Glacier, Patagonia - on board the Patagonia Hiking Adventure trip.
3. Get stuck in traffic in the Galapagos Islands
Giant tortoise on a hiking trail in the Galapagos Islands, spotted on the Ultimate Galapagos Islands Adventure trip.
4. Meet the Peruvian locals
We'll always find time to engage with the locals on all our adventures.
5. Explore the Molodon Caves, in Puerto Natales, Patagonia
See the Molodon Caves in Puerto Natales on board the Patagonia Hiking Adventure trip.
6. Experience the wildlife of the Amazon Jungle, Peru
The Amazon River jungle is one of the most biodiverse ecosystems on the planet. Experience the diverse wildlife from a vast variety of monkeys, to sloths, to pink dolphins on our Machu Picchu & Amazon Adventure.
7. Cycle through Andean Villages and the Sacred Valley, Peru
Cycle the Sacred Valley on our Machu Picchu Peru adventure tours.
8. Explore an ancient Inca tunnel
Hike the world's most iconic walking track, the Inca Trail on our Classic Machu Picchu Adventure in Peru.
9. Kayak beside the Grey Glacier in Patagonia
Kayak beside the Grey Glacier on the Patagonia Hiking Adventure trip in Chile.
10. Boat ride into the Amazon Jungle
Boat ride into the Amazon Jungle on our Machu Picchu Adventure tour.
11. Sea Kayak around Isabela Bay, Galapagos Islands
Sea kayak Isabela Island in the Galapagos Islands on our small group tours of the Galapagos Islands.
12. Explore Machu Picchu, Peru
Explore Machu Picchu, Peru, on all of our Peru adventure tours
13. Hike to Sierra Negra Volcano, Isabela Island
14. Hike the multi-day 'W' trek in the Torres del Paine National Park, Patagonia
Hike the world-renowned W trek on our Patagonia Hiking Adventure trip in Patagonia.
15. Meet the furry locals on the Lares Trail
Meet the local wildlife on Peru's Lares Trail on board our Machu Picchu and Amazon Adventure.