Why Active Adventures Europe
What makes our Europe adventures so special?
There's a whole lot more to our Europe adventures than simply hitting the well-known spots. Below you'll find the short of it and the long of it - either way, plenty of reasons to join Active Adventures Europe!
- Locally produced food during lunch and dinner
- Local hosts in the hotels you'll stay at. These are family-run hotels, where the hosts really care - we put lots of time and research into these places!
- We take care to show you places off the normal route, like Annecy, where you can endulge in different activities like sea kayaking on the lake
- Our legendary local guiding team have intricate knowledge of all flora, fauna, history and geography. Together with our kiwi trip leader, they're an unbeatable match. So much can be lost in translation, so our well trained (in the 'Active way') kiwi guides make sure the dynamic is always well balanced. It's the engagement that matters!
- The sprinkling of free days, where they matter. Such as in Courmayeur, which is such a beautiful place and great location to relax, wander the streets and explore the wineries of the valley below
- Walk in, walk out – you'll never have to lug your gear around. When you get in, we'll simply give you your room key and your stuff will be in your room.
"Diverse" is probably the best single word to describe Europe. And the European Alps region is the perfect meeting of the natural environment, history, culture, cuisine and people at their most immaculate - they all come together to form the ultimate destination for an adventure vacation. That's why we've gone outside the box with our trips in the Mont Blanc region, Italian lakes and the Dolomites. Our adventures explore these regions in a diverse and authentic way with expert local guides born and bred in the area. On no other trip would you hike, bike and paddle as you circumnavigate the Mont Blanc Circuit, or paddle to quiet villages in the Italian Lakes District, or escape the crowds in a few secret areas of the Italian Dolomites.
On an Active Adventures Europe trip, you'll spend more time in the outdoors, in tiny mountain villages and immersing yourself in spectacular areas than you will sitting in a vehicle. It's all up to you to get to the next incredible place under your own steam.
With so much to see and take in, we've made sure to take care of the logistical stuff, leaving you to hike, paddle, bike and take in the hundreds of years of history, culture and cuisine that makes the mountainous areas of France, Italy and Switzerland so incredible.
Local knowledge makes a huge difference when looking at an adventure trip. With our local teams, contacts and connections we get to explore a few places that fly under the radar. Sit atop a ridge in the remote Valsesia region near the Italian Lakes district, pull into a small cove while sea kayaking on lake Annecy near Mont Blanc, bike through stunning valleys on the Italian/Austrian border in the Dolomites… It's these experiences we've crafted with on-the-ground knowledge and expertise, ensuring you'll go home having seen the real European Alps.
You'll experience great hikes, rides and paddling in small groups, meaning you'll experience Europe in a genuine, relaxed and active manner. We do some activities as a group, but there are always opportunities to get out and explore on your own.