1. Shoot the gap with sharks, turtles and rays. Snorkel (or dive) with hammerhead sharks, white-tipped reef sharks, turtles and eagle rays at Kicker Rock
2. Witness a pilgrimage. Hike Tintoteras on Isabella Island, and witness thousands of marine iguanas make their daily migration
3. Meet a 100-year-old Casanova. Tread amongst ancient Giant Tortoises in the Santa Cruz highlands. In the 70s, an Espanola tortoise named ‘Diego’, because he’d been living at the San Diego Zoo since the 30s, was returned to the Galapagos to join the last remaining 12 females and 2 males of the subspecies rescued from Espanola Island. In a rare conservation success story (perhaps due largely to Diego’s charms) over 1400 young tortoises have been repatriated and many of Diego’s offspring are now breeding in the wild.
4. Slow down to island time. Enjoy a cocktail at Beto’s Bar on sunset.
5. Hike up a volcano. See the lowland vegetation change before your eyes as you ascend through a lunar-like landscape on your hike to the summit of Sierra Negra volcano on Isabela Island.
6. Ride down a volcano. Take an exhilarating bike ride down Cotapaxi volcano.
7. Rejuvenate in cloud forest hot springs. Let the healing waters sooth your muscles and watch the mist roll in around the forest above you.
8. Soar to great heights on the Teleferico in Quito. See Quito and the surrounding volcanos from the top of the world.
9. Experience local life in the Amazon. Visit an indigenous family living along the Napo River in the Amazon.
10. Climb up a waterfall. Journey deep into the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador and navigate your way up through cascading water – refreshing!